Technical difficulties could delay an alleged assault case against former Penthouse Pet and reality television star Suzi Taylor.
The troubled mother-of-three and former contestant from The Block is accused of being embroiled in an physical altercation with a female removalist after her belongings were moved out of her Brisbane rental property and put into storage late last year.
Taylor, 48, was charged with common assault and stealing following an alleged altercation with the woman in January this year.
The case was mentioned in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday ahead of next week’s listed hearing.
Suzi Taylor (pictured) is accused of assaulting a female removalist earlier this year
Gatenby Criminal Lawyers law clerk Iesha Elia told the court several photo files regarding the case had not yet been given to Taylor’s lawyers, the Courier Mail reported.
The prosecutor told the court they were unable to open and view the files due to technical difficulties, which prompted concern from Magistrate Mark Nolan.
‘They’ll need to take instructions from their client and they can’t do that if they can’t even see the evidence,’ he told the prosecutor.
Magistrate Nolan requested for the technical issues to be resolved by Wednesday to allow Taylor’s defence team enough time to have the hearing vacated if they cannot view the photos before next Monday.
Former Penthouse Pet and reality TV star Suzi Taylor (pictured) currently remains behind bars
Suzi Taylor (left) appeared on the 2015 season of The Block with friend Yvonne Cosier
Taylor remains behind bars in relation to a string of charges.
Her lawyers told the court at her most recent bail application in August that she had been homeless and suffering from mental health issues.
The former Block contestant, whose real name is Suellen Jan Taylor won $349,000 with friend Yvonne Cosier on season 11 of the show in 2015.
Technical difficulties could delay an alleged assault case against Suzi Taylor (pictured)