The medical expert who raced to lock South Australia down over a coronavirus outbreak said she has no regrets.
Chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier advised premier Steven Marshall to throw the state into one of the world’s toughest lockdowns on Wednesday following fears that a super strain of the virus had been unleashed in Adelaide.
While the lockdown was downgraded over the weekend after contact tracers discovered an infected worker had not come into contact with many others, Ms Spurrier believes she made the right call.
‘I have no regrets on my advice and decision-making last week. I’ve no doubt it was the right thing to do,’ she said.
More to come