A doctor today denied groping a woman who did not consent while in a busy hospital A&E department.
Dr Kabir Sandhu, 29, is said to have sexually assaulted the woman in the A&E department of St Mary’s Hospital, west London, on December 1, 2018.
The doctor carried out five further assaults on February 2 last year, it was said.
Dr Kabir Sandhu, 29, is said to have sexually assaulted the woman in the A&E department of St Mary’s Hospital, west London, on 1 December, 2018
Dr Sandhu formally denied six counts of sexual assault
Dr Sandhu, who was reinstated in his role at St Mary’s Hospital following the hospital investigation, appeared at Southwark Crown Court today wearing a black suit and tie.
He formally denied six counts of sexual assault.
Judge Jeffrey Pegden, QC, told Dr Sandhu he should expect a trial date in spring next year.
Addressing the doctor, he said: ‘I made a note of the five day trial estimate but until then there will be a further case management hearing.
‘We have also set a trial date for 19 April. The trial is set to last five days so please make a note of that in your professional diary.’
Sandhu, of Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, denies six counts of sexual assault on a female.
He was bailed ahead of his trial at Southwark Crown Court on 19 April 2021.
Dr Kabir Sandhu at Westminster Magistrates Court today. Mr Sandhu is accused of sexually assaulting an alleged victim six times at St Mary’s Hospital
St Mary’s Hospital, Paddington, west London, where Dr Sandhu is said to have sexually assaulted a woman