Tribune News Service
New Delhi, September 9
Education minister Ramesh Pokhriyal on Wednesday presented CBSE Awards to 38 teachers and principals for their contribution to school education.
According to CBSE officials, the awards were presented for the year 2019-20 In the honour of teachers and principals for their valuable contribution towards improving school education, innovation, and dedication.
The list of awardees includes two educationalists from Punjab, two from Chandigarh, and three from Haryana.
1. Alka Sharma from Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan Sohan Lal Public School, Amritsar.
2. Yogesh Gambhir from Desraj Vadhera DAV Public School, Phillaur.
3. Ram Kumar Sharma from Government Model Senior Secondary School, Sector 37-B, Chandigarh.
4. Anuja Sharma from DAV Model School, Sector 15-A, Chandigarh.
5. Punneta Malhotra from K R Mangalam World School, Gurugram.
6. Rashmi Malik from Salwan Public School, Sector 15 (II), Gurugram.
7. Arti Chopta from Amity International School, Sector 46, Gurugram.
According to CBSE officials, since 2018, CBSE follows an online selection process.
The applicants are evaluated based on general and specific criterion under each category and several parameters related to school education and their contribution.
The awardees include primary and middle-level teachers, language teachers, science, social science, physical education, mathematics, economics, IT, fine arts teachers, school counsellors, vice principals and principals.
They were presented a merit certificate, a shawl, and a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
Speaking on the occasion, Pokhriyal said, that Teachers lay the basic foundation of education.
He said, that teaching is the a most respected profession and the purpose of these awards is the to celebrate the unique contribution of some of the finest teachers In the country and to honour those teachers, who through their commitment have not only improved the quality of school education but also enriched the lives of their students.
The Minister highlighted, that In the New Education Policy 2020, teachers have been placed right at the centre of the education system. It has been mentioned In the policy, that all the schools must have an adequate number of teachers and such environment shall be provided so that work culture In the schools is the enhanced.